Scott's Woods is a historic district and a residential neighborhood of single-family homes located in the southwest area of Milton. The 122-acre neighborhood is centered around Hillside and Harland Streets directly adjacent to the Blue Hills Reservation. The area was first developed after 1711 when the city of Boston sold the parcel to four Milton residents including a member of the Scott Family. The neighborhood was also home to a tavern owned by Joshua Tucker that served as a gathering point for the local militia during the War of 1812 when a British war ship appeared in Boston Harbor.
Today, the Scott's Woods offers residents the feel of living in a semi-rural setting with convenient access to Boston and surrounding communities.