Harwich Historic District
Incorporated in 1694, the Harwich Historic District comprises most of Harwich Center and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. In fact, the entire center of the village is on the Historic Register. Landmarks range from the Brooks Academy Museum that houses the Harwich Historical Society to the First Congregational Church dating from 1854 to the town offices located across the street in a building originally erected as a bank. Many of the buildings in Town Center with their imposing columns are nationally recognized as some of the most striking architecture on the Cape.
The Harwich Historic District takes an irregular pattern on both sides of Main Street ranging west to Forest Street and east to the junction of Route 39 and Chatham Road in Harwich, MA.